Procedure to file for divorce if wife family is not agreeing to it

My wife is drug addicted she takes a lot of medicines ,and do not sleep at night ,always try to fight at middle of night with out any reason doctor asking for sycatrist consultant but my in-laws not allowing my wife for any consultation, every time she spoke abusive wordsto my family including I need divorce but her family members not interested ,my wife is making allegations on me of dowry

Answers (3)

160 votes

Though facts are not sufficient to constitute cruelty, and in case you really want to go for divorce, you may have to manipulate. Medical or psychological illness is not enough to convince the judge. About false cases of dowry or violence, yes she can file and you have to defend. But don't get yourself extorted or black mailed through that. Many judgements are in favor of husband in such cases now

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

50 votes

As per section 13 of Hindu marriage Act,;there are lot of provision by which you could get Divorce ,the condition you had mentioned could be grounds for the divorce; for initiated legal proceeding under the guidance of experienced lawyer .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
144 votes

You both need to have a proper counseling by a doctor or a mediator as these are not such allegations by which you can come to a decision of divorce try to convince your wife and in-laws both to opt a proper remedy. if after then they r not agreed u and ur parents have the remedy to come under senior citizen act.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles