Procedure to file for divorce against wife

I married in 2014 it was a love marriage after some time my wife told that she married at the age of 18 with some other guy and they didn't divorce but now my wife is torturing me day by day, shouting at home, socially embrass me tell anything to my senior officers..I am a government officer so if any little thing happened between us she always called them, make me embrass.. please tell me what to do,should I complaint about her last marriage or should I go for divorce( as for divorce she will make lot of allegations against me)

Answers (3)

133 votes

First of all you have find out a proof of her earlier marriage and there after a suit can be filed in family court for annulment of your second marriage. In Hindus a second marriage is void abinitio but a declaration has to be sought from court.
If you may provide me with further details i can advice better.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

Dear client ,
If you want to divorce, then you have both options. Because with out given divorce second marriage is not valid. So you can file a crimial case against your wife for cheating . Second option is you can file divorce petition on the ground of cruelty . It's depends open you

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
318 votes

If your Wife's statement is true then your marriage is void ab initio. But burden is on your head to prove about your Wife's earlier marriage. If you have evidence as well with you then you can easily succeed in obtaining divorce decree, else otherwise file divorce petition on cruelty ground.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles