Procedure to claim maintenance if husband wants to give divorce

I m Muslim and my husband want to give me divorce so can I get alimony and my maintenance amount?

Answers (2)

142 votes

Yes. You are entitled to Maintenance provided under section 125 crpc (the code of criminal procedure 1973) .
Muslim Woman (Protection of rights on Divorce) Act 1986 provides right of maintenance to the Muslim divorces woman.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

313 votes

Divorce is not easy as of now to muslim male person if the wife is not interested for . Secondly you can file DVC case against your husband if he is harassing you and for maintenance you can file MC case. Call us through the website for further assistance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles