Procedure to challenge divorce of marriage held in Arya Samaj

I am married to a mangalorean girl with whom i have been in 8 years relationships. We married each other without informing our parents and kept it hidden. Before our marriage she was supposed to get married to guy of her caste, as i interfered the marriage got broke and i was made to sign a no contact agreement with her. After years of convincing she kept on denying to marry me and then i decide to quit to entertain her more. When she realised that i will no more contact her henceforth, she proposed me for marriage. We married each other at arya samaj hall. After few months my wife was questioned for denying marriage proposals by her father to which she said that she thinks i am right guy for her. Her father objected and tried to commit suicide by hanging himself. She requested to break marriage without divorce but i convinced her. Now her marriage is getting fixed and she wants me to let her marry that guy as her father wont accept and threatening to commit suicide. Please help.

Answers (3)

252 votes

Your marriage with the girl is very much valid and subsisting and she cannot marry the other guy legally without taking divorce from you. Inform the other guy of your marriage with the girl and even if this doesn't help and there is an attempt to conduct the marriage then you can take the help of the police.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

149 votes

hello dear client, i will suggest you go with legal proceeding and give her Divorce, by court otherwise you can leave her as it is. And for further need you can contact me on my number or mail me, by this services.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
291 votes

As per your query

First and foremost if the girl is not willing to stay with you, you cant compel her to reside with you. Secondly Legally you can file a suit for restitiution of congugal rights against your wife calling her to come and reside with you. You need to prove that you both married.


Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles