Procedure to challenge annulment of marriage

 I am got married from 1 year. My wife want to nullification our marriage I don't want to leave her . But she already did a case about nullification of marriage . I don't want nullify . How to put this case on hold .

Answers (4)

97 votes

Whereas a Matrimonial suit is filed by your wife, then you have no other alternative but to contest it and file Written Statement why you did not agreed to nullify your marriage. Otherwise, you loose the Case as Exparty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

50 votes

Kindly clarify your religion/faith while asking such queries since advise can be given accordingly.
Annulment is a legal procedure for declaring a marriage null and void. With the exception of bigamy and not meeting the minimum age requirement for marriage, it is rarely granted. A marriage can be declared null and void if certain legal requirements were not met at the time of the marriage. If these legal requirements were not met then the marriage is considered to have never existed in the eyes of the law. This process is called annulment. It is very different from divorce in that while a divorce dissolves a marriage that has existed, a marriage that is annulled never existed at all. Thus unlike divorce, it is retroactive: an annulled marriage is considered never to have existed.
SInce your wife has already filed a case, so you should immediately consult an advocate and proceed accordingly by filing objections to the annulment petition filed by your wife.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
183 votes

If your wife file a case before the court then in my opinion hire a lawyer and then defend the case . And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible

107 votes

Actually I don't know how your wife file nullity of Marriages. If you not give me details then u can't suggest you properly. Please give me details and call me in further.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I want to transfer my divorce case from wb to up as I am doing service in ghaziabad and my child also staying with me…

Read More

Female/32 yrs, remarried, husband uses very bad abusive language even if there is slightest of argument , has thrashed me twice very badly amidst &nbs…

Read More

M Hindu, married secretly in court 4 years back, but not lived together. Later wife's parents discovered, didnt accept the marriage and forced for…

Read More

My husband applied for divorce after 1.5 yrs of marriage on the ground of mental cruelty. I have applied for maintenance. I am working woman earning 5…

Read More