Procedure to apply for divorce and child custody

how my son can take divorce when he has 2 kids ages 5 and 2? what about alimony and child custody? kindly advise and oblige--- thanks/regards

Answers (4)

337 votes

Hi, he can file a divorce petition in family court .. The custody of children is likely to stay with mother as they are infant , however he can get visitation rights from court..Further,the Alimony will be decided by court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

128 votes

He can file the divorce petition under section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of cruelty and if he wants the custody of child of 5 year he can take and there is no need to give any alimony to the wife. She can only take maintenance from the husband.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
169 votes

it is better to go for mutual divorce if not possible than you have go contested divorce in this you have prove your ground for divorce. alimony is depend on your status and living standard. for custody of children it up to the court . the court may give custody to any one wife or husband for betterment of children. if court give custody to wife than court may right to meet his children.

251 votes

In the question it is not mentioned the complete details of the husband and wife, the reason why your son wants to take divorce from his wife. What are the compelling circumstances which led you to think of taking such drastic step.Pl share the complete details so as to give the right advise.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles