Procedure to apply for contested divorce due to personal reasons.

Hello! Sir I am Riya from Bangalore, I get married and living with my husband for passed 7 years, because of same personal issue I want to apply for divorce sir but we had didn't registered the marriage so what the procedure of that sir?

For applying divorce registration of marriage is not complusary. You can file divorce pitition under various grounds like desertion, cruelty,non consummation of marriage ...you can apply divorce petition

Hi.... you can apply for divorce and it is not mandatory that your marriage should be registered.If both are ready for divorce then you people go for mutual consent it saves your time and money.
Thank you

Riya, there is no separate procedure for divorce under a registered marriage. Any divorce in India except that of muslims are to be done through Courts only. You have to file in either a family Court or a District Court.

Madam,
Here at the time of filing the photo proof and the invitation card of the marriage is required. The marriage certificate is not that much mandatory. It is only required when the marriage is disputed. I hope in your case that situation is not yet arose.

You can proceed with these two document along with address proof to confirm the jurisdiction of the court.