Procedure for divorce in case wife is suffering from OCD

My marriage is 9 March 2014 after few days marriage I notice that my wife behavior is not normal then I ask to my wife and she told me I am suffering from mental illness(OCD) before Marriage.Then I meat Psychiatrist and I start her treatment but after one year no any progress.Now I want to Divorce I have all medical papers before and after marriage and I have some Audio call recording and some video evidence that can prove her illness.

Answers (1)

91 votes

There are two ways to take Divorce in India:
1) Divorce with Mutual Consent: When husband and wife both agree to a divorce; the courts will consider a divorce with mutual consent. For the petition to be accepted, however, the couple should be separated for over a year or two years (as per the relevant act) and be able to prove that they have not been able to live together. Often, even when either husband or wife is reluctant, they still agree to such a divorce because it is relatively inexpensive and not as traumatic as a contested divorce. Matters such as children’s custody, maintenance and property rights could be agreed to mutually.
2) Divorce Without Mutual Consent: In case of a contested divorce, there are specific grounds on which the petition can be made. It isn’t as if a husband or wife can simply ask for a divorce without stating a reason. The reasons for divorce are as follows, though some are not applicable to all religions.
1. Cruelty
2. Adultery
3. Desertion
4. Conversion
5. Mental Disorder
6. Communicable Disease
7. Renunciation of the World
8. Presumption of Death

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate M. C. Sharma
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
28 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles