Precess for devoirc e mutual concent, maximum time, alimony involved

I and my wife want to be devoirced. Please advise court in Chandigarh for quick process, alimony involved, we are both working. 2 kids 8 yrs and 4 yrs

Answers (3)

336 votes


If both you and your wife are mutually agreed to get divorced then you should move a petition for divorce on ground of mutual consent before the concerned judge in Chandigarh, assuming either of you have any connection with Chandigarh. For further assistance please feel free to contact with specific facts.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

340 votes

mutual consent divorce has 2 motions and the divorce is granded by the end of 6 months which is the time period between first and second motion. minimum period for divorce is 6 months and maximum. is 18months.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
225 votes

I have perused the contents of your query. Assuming you guys to be a hindu couple the decree of divorce can be sought under the Hindu Marriage Act by way of mutual consent by filing the petition under section 13 (b).

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles