NRI husband torturing his wife and insulting in front of people

I am from Sikh family and my husband is U.S.A I got married in 2015. He is a school teacher in NY. My husband has a tendency to torches in some of the other way. He has nature of insult people. So many things which can not be explained.i need some help regarding this matter. Kindly help me.

Answers (5)

Hello client,I have gone through your query as per which I have seen the facts which you have written in this query.i wish to know how many children Ur having how much education Ur having as well as I wish to clear you tht you are having a fundamental right to having a married life with full of regards and as well as full happy married life in this condition you can take legal action against your husband as Well as you can make him.understand how to respect ba wife.thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

First of all you should talk and sought about this behaviour of your husband, and if things are still not going good, then you can initiate legal proceedings against him by filing a divorce petition on the ground of mental and physical cruelty.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Hello ,
What I can assume from your query is that you are a victim of domestic violence. In general there are lot of legal remedies that you may resort to in the country where you are residing or in your native country , including Police Complaints , Domestic Violence , Divorce etc. subject to your citizenship status and the status of your marriage in the country where you are residing.
However at present you have all the right to seek police help , and help from the Crime Against Women cell ( or a similar entity in your country) for the torture inflicted upon you. The appropriate legal remedy in your case can only be adhered to once the facts of your case is more clear to your attorney. For further query you may contact me.

This is amount to cruelty punishable under 498A IPC in India and if he is doing some kind of assault or physically with you , this come within the purview of Domestic violence punishable under DV Act,2005.

first of all, you have to approach counselor, who discussed your problems, if mater sought out than well n good.
otherwise you have to file domestic violence case against him and you have reside in USA than approached there concerned authority for further legal action.

Related Articles

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My sister wants divorce from her husband. He & his family is torchering & behaving very badly with my sister. They are rich and can afford top…

Read More

Does a woman need to be physically present in Court for Christian divorce proceedings, or can she be represented by her lawyer?…

Read More

I'm 21 yrs old and my spouse is15yrs elder than me.. he lied and married me he is an drunker, drug addict.. can i divorce him without his signatur…

Read More

Having 9 yrs divorce case in rajkot court. Infront of court she says she want to come home n outside she ask 10 lakh rupes for settlement.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue