×

NRI husband torturing his wife and insulting in front of people

I am from Sikh family and my husband is U.S.A I got married in 2015. He is a school teacher in NY. My husband has a tendency to torches in some of the other way. He has nature of insult people. So many things which can not be explained.i need some help regarding this matter. Kindly help me.

Hello client,I have gone through your query as per which I have seen the facts which you have written in this query.i wish to know how many children Ur having how much education Ur having as well as I wish to clear you tht you are having a fundamental right to having a married life with full of regards and as well as full happy married life in this condition you can take legal action against your husband as Well as you can make him.understand how to respect ba wife.thanks

First of all you should talk and sought about this behaviour of your husband, and if things are still not going good, then you can initiate legal proceedings against him by filing a divorce petition on the ground of mental and physical cruelty.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Hello ,
What I can assume from your query is that you are a victim of domestic violence. In general there are lot of legal remedies that you may resort to in the country where you are residing or in your native country , including Police Complaints , Domestic Violence , Divorce etc. subject to your citizenship status and the status of your marriage in the country where you are residing.
However at present you have all the right to seek police help , and help from the Crime Against Women cell ( or a similar entity in your country) for the torture inflicted upon you. The appropriate legal remedy in your case can only be adhered to once the facts of your case is more clear to your attorney. For further query you may contact me.

This is amount to cruelty punishable under 498A IPC in India and if he is doing some kind of assault or physically with you , this come within the purview of Domestic violence punishable under DV Act,2005.

first of all, you have to approach counselor, who discussed your problems, if mater sought out than well n good.
otherwise you have to file domestic violence case against him and you have reside in USA than approached there concerned authority for further legal action.