My friend is harassed by her husband what action can she take

m apse apne friend k liye advice lena chahta hu. ek ladki meri friend h or uski shaadi ko 5 saal ho chuke h or lagbhag 4 saal se wo apne pati se bhot paresan h h or 4 saal m kafi baar wo apne pati se divorce lene ki kosis b kar chuki h lekin uska pati use divorce nhi de raha h,uska pati 4 saalo se use daaru peekar parta pitta h saririk or mansik rup se use use bhot taklif deta h kisi chiz ka sukh nhi deta use har kaam m apni he chalata h har chiz m jabardasti karta h us ladki k sath,wo ladki bhot paresan h uske sath or koi b us ladki ka sath nhi de raha us lakdi k ghar wale b nhi q k kisi k b maa baap nhi chahte k unki ladki ka divorce ho or na he us ladki k sasural wale uska sath de rahe h wo b bolte h k hum kuch nhi jante apne pati se baat kar,wo 4 saal se bas isi tara sab kuch bardas karti arahi h lekin ab wo or jyada apni life us k sath nhi bitana chahti wo sirf apne apti se divorce chahti h,or sabko damki deta h k koi is ladki k sath nhi dega

Answers (5)

63 votes

Agar aapki friend ko divorce chahiye to wo step unhe khud hi lena padega. Ya to wo police complaint karein ki unka husband unhe maarta hai and otherwise mental and physical cruelty karta hai, nahi to Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 Section 13 me divorce suit file karde. She has all the valid grounds to obtain divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

185 votes

Ask her to report the matter to the police station where she resides .
Then she could initiate proceeding under Domestic violence Act of 2005 .
Further proceeding will be done as per the initiative she take ,afterward Divorce petition could also be filed ,but is the immediate recourse she could take .No one is above I can assure that ,contact for further query .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
155 votes

In this case your friend can easily get divorce from his husband along with maintenance if she wants, all she have to do is collect some good evidences and contact some good specialist can contact to help your friend.

149 votes

Every thing is possible if she go ahead and take strict legal action against him as for legal matter we always there to help you and to guide you.for further information please feel free to contact me and fix an appointment with me.

143 votes

Sir तरीका तो ये है कि वह पुलिस मे शिकायत करे और पुलिस नियम अनुसार उसकी मदद करेगी। हं रही बात तलाक की तो उसके लिये अदालत मे मुकदमा दाखिल करना पडेगा। किसी के लेनेसदेने पे तलाक निर्भर नही करता परन्तु वह तथ्यो एवम् परिस्थितियों पर निर्भर करता है।

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles