Mutual Consent Divorce Minimum Time

In Divorce Law
I would like to know what is the minimum duration in which mutual consent divorce can be granted? \n,free%20will%20of%20the%20parties.

Answers (4)

259 votes

mutual divorce petition you can file within one month to month we can get better cooling curve will be there cooling portico outer frame for application for waiving off cooling period then the court will allow furniture we can do one month

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

216 votes

okay I understand your questions so now you will try to file mutual consent divorce how many dayes it will take time 6 months if you need erjancy like you will go to other city you will wive of cooling period 6 moths you will get divorce with in 1 month also so if you need any legal help contact me thank you

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
234 votes

Dear Sir,

Never be in imagination that you will get divorce with in few days. There is cooling period of six months. After that also there is some procedure of recovering evidence of both the parties. Thus you may have to wait for even upto maximum period of 18 months.

334 votes

The minimum period required to obtain a mutual consent degree would be some six months after the first hearing before the judge. Waiving of the mandatory cooling period is allowed only in certain circumstances and upon providing a proof of couple having lived separately prior to filing of the suit.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles