Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Maintenance from husband for wife & child

I am a hindu married girl residing in my parents' own house a few months back from birth of my child. I am not interested in divorce& also unwilling to go to my in-laws house due to mental torture by mil &husband.My father is a pensioner with annual income above 5 lacs including interest on retirement benefit.Mother housewife I am unemployed.Can i get maintenance from husband for me & child.They are not in touch with me after birth of my child. If yes then if anybody is interested to enter into a contract with me to get a lump sum amt if i win otherwise not it is welcome

Answers (5)

You r entitled to get maintenance..
If you are not :-
1. In adultery
2. Working lady having adequate earnings to maintain yourself
3. In any illicit relationship and
If your Husband is capable to earn then you will win the case u/s. 125 Cr. P. C.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, you can get maintenance from your husband as per section 125 of The Code of Criminal Procedure as it is the responsibility for the husband to maintain you and your child.You can also file a suit for domestic violence for the torture made your husband and your in-laws.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Yes you will get montly maintanence if you file a case against him,under relevant section of law.you can file a case before the jurisdiction magistrate.and also file a case under the Domestic violence act.for more info you can contact me.

You can file a case under section 125 of the Code of Criminal procedure code for your maintenance and for maintenance of your child. But in my opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible

firstly you can file domestic violence as well as maintenance case against your husband and in laws and procure maintenance for both yourself and your child as well as protection orders.

secondly, i hope you have not left any evidence with your husband which states that you do not want to stay with his aged parents, though considering the fact that they have tortured you which needs to be proved during evidence proceedings but your husband being a hindu son can file a divorce on the grounds of cruelty stating that he has strict evidence that you have stated that you do not want to reside with his aged ailing parents, if such happens, a higher court has stated it is very good ground for divorce

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I have been married since a year. My husband cheated on me and married me without telling me that he is already married and has 2 kids. His first wife…

Read More

My father wants a divorce from my mother but she doesn't want to divorce him. He is a rail employee n he is not giving maintenance for surviv…

Read More

I have two kids.My husband send me divorce notice based on mental cruelty, abuse and stating to prove me characterless (adultery) . He has a girl…

Read More

Do I have to pay maintenance if my wife is capable and was working but is not working now? She is post graduate and it’s been 4 years that we&rs…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue