Legality of getting married in arya samaj without registering it

I got married on 19th feb 2018 in arya samaj mandir tis hazari new delhi but we did not do any registration in court marriage. Things are not working out so just wanted to know is marriage in arya samaj mandir is legal. Do i need to file any divorce?

Answers (3)

arya samaj mandir marriage is legal because they give you registration certificate its legal.
when you file a divorce no need to registration of your marriage. if needed so court will give you time to registration of your marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

I got ur query as you both had married in Arya Samaj temple but it is not registered yet and things are not in ur favour so you want to take the divorce.
It's better to communicate over the call.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Yes,Marriage in arya samaj mandir is legally binding on you.Also certificate is issued when you get married in arya samaj mandir which acts as a proof of marriage.You can file a divorce either by mutual consent if both of you don’t want to continue this marriage or on other grounds too.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I got my marriage registerd in june 2017 but now my husband says that he has not married me according to traditions and he wants it to be void. But he…

Read More

My daughter and her husband both are born, studied and married in India in Year2004.Marriage was solemonised as per Hindu rituals and registered under…

Read More

Notice sent to her temporary residence by court she appeared in court and attend the meeting of compromise but not succeed and next two dated she abse…

Read More

I recently got married with a boy of different religion on 9th Feb 2017 without my Parents consent in the Register Office. Now, I feel its a big mista…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue