×

Legality of getting married in arya samaj without registering it

I got married on 19th feb 2018 in arya samaj mandir tis hazari new delhi but we did not do any registration in court marriage. Things are not working out so just wanted to know is marriage in arya samaj mandir is legal. Do i need to file any divorce?

arya samaj mandir marriage is legal because they give you registration certificate its legal.
when you file a divorce no need to registration of your marriage. if needed so court will give you time to registration of your marriage.

Hii
I got ur query as you both had married in Arya Samaj temple but it is not registered yet and things are not in ur favour so you want to take the divorce.
It's better to communicate over the call.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Yes,Marriage in arya samaj mandir is legally binding on you.Also certificate is issued when you get married in arya samaj mandir which acts as a proof of marriage.You can file a divorce either by mutual consent if both of you don’t want to continue this marriage or on other grounds too.