Legal process to file a petition for divorce in Delhi

I am living in Delhi. I got marriage at my hometown, which is in Bihar. What legal steps I have to take for divorce. It's mutual divorce.

you can file a petition for dissolution of marriage on one of the grounds of divorces but before you do, you must need to consult a lawyer who can listen to your problem and then only could suggest you the best advice.

It is not that difficult to take divorce in India. We can file a petition under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. If it is by mutual consent then it will get faster but don't delay to file the divorce petition.

So now you file your divorces petition in delhi, In concern family court that have jurisdiction. The first motion of divorce will be done on the date of hearing and second motion of divorce will be done after 6 month from the date of first motion. After second motion divorce will be done. For preparation of divorces petition you need to consult the lawyer.

For Mutual consent divorce ,a joint petition is filed before the court wherein all the terms of settlement are mentioned. The same will come up for hearing and both the parties have to appear. The court will then give another date, which will be after 6 months, also known as the cooling of period and then pass the final decree.