Legal procedure to get divorce & get custody of child

Hello I have been married for 6 years and have 2 kids. Our marriage has seen many ups and downs since the very beginning. My wife (a housewife) has a very aggressive nature and is ill-mouthed. Her terms with my aged parents (70+) have been bad and have specially deteriorated in recent times. Also with me her terms have been bad and there is absolutely no love or warmth between us. I am mostly out of town and in my absence my parents have been suffering a lot due to her behavior. For past few days it's been too much - she won't do anything at home , won't even care for the kids. Would just remain in her room and will keep complaining to her family or I don't know who all. All efforts of reconciliation etc with her have failed. My mother too doesn't want to live with my wife after all the insults made by her. I have finally decided to get separated. My questions- 1. Is this sufficient ground for divorce? 2. Kids' custody 3. She won't vacate my parents house. Is there any legal way?

Answers (2)

102 votes

Firstly conform from which religion you are belong,because there are different law regarding Hindu and muslism .(Hindu law And Muslim Law)
If you are belong to Hindu community you should file Section 13 in Hindu marriage act.
If you belong to muslim community then it will be Easy .
Regarding your kids there are some rules you can meet for more information

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes

Dear Client,
As per your query your case fits in the purview of cruelty and it is a ground of divorce.
Secondly child custody is a determination of the court upon the paramount interest of the child and you have prepare your case with all the evidences.
After divorce her legal entitlement for your house dissolves.
In case of further assistance feel free to contact.
Tushar Bahadur,
High Court Lucknow.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles