Legal procedure to file for divorce as wife involved in adultery

Hi, I discovered recently that my wife is involved in adultery. During this Adutery Discovery process, she expressed her opinion to get out of marriage and get a divorce due to a set of completely different lingering issues in marriage. After my confirmation of the adultery, i asked to leave our home and stay else where. Now I want to kick off the divorce process and legal advise on case scenario and what not to do and what to do etc.

Answers (5)

346 votes

Hi.You can initiate and begin with Mutual Divorce petition which will be filed before the local family court of the district if your wife agrees with the demand for a divorce from you.If she is not willing to give mutual divorce then you will have to contest the petition with strong evidence to prove adultery on part of your wife.For, further discussion you can contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

133 votes

If she is ready to give u divorce then u can file mutual consent divorce. U can convince her to file. First motion is filing and then six month later second motion is filed
Else we will file normal way and contest

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
52 votes

Hello dear, if both parties are ready to get divorce then both parties can jointly file a divorce petition before the family court and after going through the due process the decree for divorce is granted by the court of law.

74 votes

You should immediately fil3 the case for divorce in the family court of your area alleging the ground of adultery and must not wait till the time your wife files the cases of dowry and other violence issues

297 votes

Best scenario in such case where both parties express their desire for dissolution of the marriage is by moving joint petition for divorce by mutual consent and end the marriage at shortest period of time and minimum litigation.
Best course for you is to contact experienced Family lawyer to take up your case and workout the complete formalities if divorce by mutual consent on your behalf. The blame game should be kept out for settlement of the matrimonial dispute in amicable manner.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles