Legal procedure to file a petition for contested divorce

My hsbnd is living in foriegn and we are separted from last 1 year and I am not in touch with my husband and I am living with my family i want one sided divorce because my husband is not ready for the divorce .he just only want the dowry from me.i want divorce from my husband.

You have legal right to file divorce petition on the basis of cruelty and parellel to that also seek maintenance pendenlite from your husband and it takes about two year time from getting a divorce decree from the family court

In case your husband is not ready for the mutual divorce, then you can file a petition under any of the grounds mentioned under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act, on the basis of cruelty and desertion.