Legal procedure to claim for maintenance

My husband wants to divorce me. But I don't want to get separated. We got a 2-year-old baby boy. I have a small job of salary 25000 per month. Am an holder. He is forcing me for divorce shall I ask for maintenance charge to take care of my son. He wants to marry another girl. I don't want to marry again. I want to live for my son.

Answers (5)

311 votes

If u are not ready to give divorce u say that u are not willing for divorce. And if he needs to get divorce through joint he should give u maintainence and compensation. That u can claim a bulk amount towards the full and final settlement and file a petition jointly for divorce and after 6 months u will get the decree of divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

97 votes

You can claim maintenance for your son.If your husband wants divorce and you are not interested you can seriously contest the case and you will succeed if your husband case is not genuine and baseless .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
206 votes

The first part depends on you, whether to go for divorce or not. There should be valid reason, then only court gives divorce to husband. Or you both can mutually agreed to get divorced. As regarding to mainteinance, it is difficult for you to get because you are having a job or you have to prove that your salary is not enough to maintain yourself. Your child has right to get maintenance

279 votes

You challenge his dicorce petition before the court . your son is entitled to get maintanance from his father. you are also enttiled to get compensation and the gifts whick are given by your parents at the time of your wedding.

226 votes

HI, Your husband cannot divorce you for the silly matters. If you are not ready for that you can defend it. Or lese if you prove the court that the allegations against you are wrong he will not get the divorce.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles