Legal action against re marriage without divorce from 1st marriage

If a lady remarry before devorce . What are the action

Answers (5)

The lady will be punished u/s 494,495 ipc for remarry before divorce........................................................................


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You are advice to file complain case against the lady and against the person to whom the lady married without taking divorce from the first husband , under the provision of 494 IPC or any other allegations as per your facts

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

It is illegal to marry when the present wife or husband is alive and no divorce has been made. Hence, under IPC sec 494 it is an offence for which one has to undergo 7 years of imprisonment. For this, legal action is that you have to file a case in court or you can file FIR in police station. But my advice is to file case in Court because police may not entertain in such marital matters.

IF Hindu ,File a complaint case against that lady her family and her husband for bigamy. Rest can suggest only after seeing the proper documents.............................. .........................

The marriage is completely illegal in the eye of law.A man or woman cannot marry in his or her life if he or she has not obtained decree of divorce in appropriate court of law.You have not mentioned to which religions you belong

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hi, i have married in feb 2018 but marriage did not work and we are living separately from same month.since both parties are agree for MCD but the thi…

Read More

hi dear sir madam my age 28 frm palitana bhavnagar meri shadi ko 3.5 sal hochuke he or 1 bati bhihe meri me or meri wife sathme1 month bhi nahi rahe c…

Read More

Hi, I am seeking divorce from my wife. Been married for 12 years and have 8 year daughter. I want to evaluate my options before I start the process. H…

Read More

my sister has been beaten by her husband . Her in laws are threatning and abusing her. Please advice what we should do now.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue