×

Legal action against re marriage without divorce from 1st marriage

If a lady remarry before devorce . What are the action

The lady will be punished u/s 494,495 ipc for remarry before divorce........................................................................
...
..

................................................

You are advice to file complain case against the lady and against the person to whom the lady married without taking divorce from the first husband , under the provision of 494 IPC or any other allegations as per your facts

Advocate Preeti Joshi

It is illegal to marry when the present wife or husband is alive and no divorce has been made. Hence, under IPC sec 494 it is an offence for which one has to undergo 7 years of imprisonment. For this, legal action is that you have to file a case in court or you can file FIR in police station. But my advice is to file case in Court because police may not entertain in such marital matters.

IF Hindu ,File a complaint case against that lady her family and her husband for bigamy. Rest can suggest only after seeing the proper documents.............................. .........................

The marriage is completely illegal in the eye of law.A man or woman cannot marry in his or her life if he or she has not obtained decree of divorce in appropriate court of law.You have not mentioned to which religions you belong