Law for divorce against gay husband

What is the law if my husband is found to be a gay.. what action can I take against him. What should be the charge for divorce in this fraud case

Answers (2)

Hello If you have found your husband to be gay you can opt out of the marriage either going for divorce with mutual consent u/s 13 B of HMA or opt for contested divorce u/s 13(1) of HMA on grounds of cruelty. you can also initiate criminal proceedings for breach of trust, cheating, concealment of facts.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As 377 is aplicable now u can’t do a case that ur husband is gay...u can just take mutual divorce under sec13(b) and ask for alimony that too decided mutually. For further questions do contact. Thanks for contacting LawRatoPartner.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

How can I get a Divorce if my husband is untraceable and I haven’t spoken to him since the last 4 years? I got married 4 years ago against my wi…

Read More

Is alimony granted to me if child custody did not comes under me…

Read More

My fathet and mother married 24 years ago, i lost my younger brother last year in an accident, my father has a mistress from past 5 years, he daily to…

Read More

Its been 1.5 hrs of our marriage. Constantly she was having quarells with my family. Her family always used to interfere in my family matters.on 6th j…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue