Interim maintenance be awarded u/s 24 of Hindu Marriage Act

Can interim maintenance be awarded under sec 24 of hindu maintenance. Act in favour wife and also interim maintenance in DV act if so is husband to be both amounts mandatory can payment in one case be set off in other case

Answers (2)

Hi there is no bar for courts to order maintenance in DV case and as well as MC case under Section 24 of Hindu marriage Act, but if either of the court is being placed with material to indicate that maintenance is being paid as per the order of other court, the court so placed with material can consider such payment being ordered to be made. and in spite of it if if the court deems necessary it can also order maintenance. and in the event if there are two interim orders for Maintenance the husband is bound to pay in both the cases unless he approach higher courts and get the orders modified .
and DV case court can not set off the maintenance amount ordered by family court under sec 24 of HM Act and vise versa.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Both cases will be decided independently, but while granting interim maintenance the court will considered maintenance awarded in first case either it is defferent v act or Hindu marriage law. But court will grant interim maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I got married in 2001 and having 2 kids mY wife has filled 2 cases against me under dv act and u/s 125 of maint she is residing in my home my lawyer h…

Read More

I am a hindu married girl residing in my parents' own house a few months back from birth of my child. I am not interested in divorce& also unw…

Read More

while the case of final maintenance (filed by the petitioner wife) was proceeding Alipore criminal court ordered and interim payment of Rs.x and Rs.y …

Read More

I want to file a maintenance case against my husband who is in agra. Me and my husband got married in delhi and stayed there for a while. Now i am in …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue