Interim maintenance be awarded u/s 24 of Hindu Marriage Act

Can interim maintenance be awarded under sec 24 of hindu maintenance. Act in favour wife and also interim maintenance in DV act if so is husband to be both amounts mandatory can payment in one case be set off in other case

Hi there is no bar for courts to order maintenance in DV case and as well as MC case under Section 24 of Hindu marriage Act, but if either of the court is being placed with material to indicate that maintenance is being paid as per the order of other court, the court so placed with material can consider such payment being ordered to be made. and in spite of it if if the court deems necessary it can also order maintenance. and in the event if there are two interim orders for Maintenance the husband is bound to pay in both the cases unless he approach higher courts and get the orders modified .
and DV case court can not set off the maintenance amount ordered by family court under sec 24 of HM Act and vise versa.

Both cases will be decided independently, but while granting interim maintenance the court will considered maintenance awarded in first case either it is defferent v act or Hindu marriage law. But court will grant interim maintenance.

Advocate Preeti Joshi