Individual divorce filed by wife.

Hi My wife filed 498 and dvct on me,we settled the amount through my lawyer, paid 4lac already since she withdrew cases,and filed individual divorce petition (my lawyer suggested if my wife files individual we get divorce fast).She filed with act 13-(ia) ,and mentioned she gave dowry to me cash,gold,land...etc.As per my lawyer suggestion I refused the notice but he called me and said court did not receive the refused letter so he put the case for my appearence and asked me to come for next court date and I should say I'm OK for divorce. Now I'm worried if I go and say OK does it mean I agreed that I harassed her and took dowry from her,is there any chance case will go against me or Judge may ask us to live together for some period, or I may get punishment since I agreed allegations. Is my lawyer advising correctly ,please suggest me something.

Answers (2)

110 votes

will not say whether your lawyer is correct or not as it will not be correct for us to comment on other lawyer capabilities.

1) now that your wife has filed the petition, you will now need to do is appear before the judge and give your consent for divorce.
2) judge will then ask both of you to submit a petition under section 13(B) and
3) Once 13 B (mutual consent) is filed along with evidence affidavit, judge will grant mutual consent divorce
4) in a mutual consent divorce there cannot be any allegations against each other
hope this information is useful

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

345 votes

Hello sir
I strongly do not support for going and telling yes I did and want divorce if you do so you will be at heavy loss have to face many issues for better suggestion how to get divorce or how to solve your issue can talk to me or meet me
Thank you

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles