In-Laws Interfering in my Married Life and in my family

My wife shares every single about my house to her family. My mother-in-law is very much in interfere in my family's decisions. Whenever my wife goes to her house, she always lie that we do not give me food, we do not give money, we asked her to for job. When there is nothing like this, my elder brother's marriage has been for 3 years, there has not been any problem till now. She lie at her home, my brother came and drank and was unable to walk properly, while my brother don't even drink. She lies that I am at home from 11 am to 12 pm. my father passed away 5 months back after his death my in laws started more and more interference in my family. one night after my father passed away my in-laws came to my house without any call and started abusing my mother that she ruined everything because her family is not happy etc and my mother was just crying (it was just 12 days my father passed away that day).I am very depressed and after my father me and my brother already facing so many problem

Answers (3)

168 votes

Hi Sir,

We suggest you to initiate divorce proceeding against your wife under section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act under the ground of cruelty.
For more information feel free to have a word with us, all the very best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

215 votes

you have various remedies under the marriage laws prevailing in our country. it is a clear case of cruelty being afflicted on you and your family and you can take steps against your wife as well as other members of her family other than divorce

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
223 votes


Like you there are many cases and don’t feel bad that you maybe alone. Many male spouse face the similar situation which require a meticulous study of the situation and how a solution can be arrived at.

This involves both legal and other remedies which are generally intertwined.

You didn’t mention what you want from this forum - a divorce or how to stop your in-laws from not interfering in your life?

It will be an easy path but there’s solution at the end. So, you must have offline consultations for the same based on what Courts generally accept in favour of the male spouse.

SMS/WhatsApp/Call for the proper legal consultations.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles