I wish to take a divorce without hassles. What can be the procedure

i am hindu ,i married last year in nov 2016 that was arrange marriage and the girl who i married was very good in the beginning of marriage means understanding to quite extent but some few understanding problems was their and later on she started to irritate me by talking about my parents bad ,not respecting them or me her only importance was money and job since we both work i just waited so she could overcome her mistakes and behave but no she repeatedly started to torture me while sleeping and so whole of my family decided to get divorce from her,i am ready to leave her since i am not happy with her ,no understanding between us and she doesnt value me at all since i am a male ,what does hindu law says so that i should get rid of her easily with out any problems

Answers (5)

87 votes

Is she also interested to divorce you ? If she is also interested then it is better to go for mutual consent divorce which is hassle free and completes within 6 months . If you are the one who decided to divorce her then you have to send legal notice to her through your advocate by stating the reasons for divorce and later you can file a divorce case at Family Court at your place. The risks here is for you more if she is not interested then she can file domestic violence case against you and your family members at Criminal Court and 498-A before police station for dowry harassment against you and your family where you and your family members may get arrested and she can ask for alimony there is so much which you have to gone through

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

169 votes

Its just a advice before coming to any conclusion first sit with your wife and calmly discuss the problems both of you are facing and give a try to overcome those problems. Later you can include both of your parents in the sitting to help in finding solutions. Always try your best to save your relation.
- in the event of failure, if you both are willing to end the relation as husband and wife then you can file a mutual content for divorce before the court that would take about min six months to pass decree.
- if one of the party is not willing then should file for divorce and the litigation might go for years.
- in either of the cases you must be prepared to pay her maintenance either monthly or permanent alimony.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
183 votes

If you want divorce from your wife the easy way is try to convince your wife for giving divorce so that you can file mutual consent and within 6 months you can get divorce .... Or else you need to file petition under the grounds of cruelty ... Wherein matter will be contested but chances of settlement is limited if your wife accepts for giving divorce .. So better convince your wife for divorce and get divorce within 6 months

191 votes

To start with a well drafted legal notice is a must to be sent to your wife. She may agree for a mutual divorce in which case the matter gets solved easily. The matter might get resolved in a lawyer office for a mutual divorce.

132 votes

Hello. You have just completed one year of marriage. Now u are eligible for filling the divorce case but for that you have to show that you both were residing seperated.in your case mutual divorce will be the best option if she is ready for tha same.
High Court of Karnataka.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles