I think my husband is gay. How can i go ahead? What should i do now?

I have been married for 3 years now. We do not share any physical relationship. I have doubt about the orientation of my husband. i think he might be a homosexual. I wanted to know how can i go ahead? If i divorce him what all can i get from him?


Answers (4)

333 votes

Assuming you are Hindus,

Llack of sexual intercourse can tantamount to mental cruelty and is a ground for divorce. You can file a case for divorce against him under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

Now regarding maintenance,

An application for maintenance can be filed under section 125 of Cr.P.C.

As per duty it is the duty of the husband to mantain wife and children.

342 votes

Impotency or non fullfillment of marital obligation is a ground of divorce and you shall be entitled for maintenance etc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

244 votes

Is it a case where you are confirm that your husband is gay,only by suspicion you cannot get any relief ,however if you wish to get an divorce you have a good case since your marriage is not consummated .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
108 votes

You could file for divorce and seek maintenance etc.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles