One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Delhi - Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.6 | 10+ user ratings
LawRatoTis Hazari Court, Delhi
LawRato23 years Experience
Practice Areas
Consumer Court, Divorce, Domestic Violence, High Court, Insurance, Medical Negligence, Motor Accident, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired 14 years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Singh is a member of the Delhi Bar Association and a member of New Delhi Bar Association (Saket). He’s been working independently and practicing as a Lawyer since February 2001.

Advocate Singh has been successfully handling Civil Matters including Recovery Suits, Summery Proceedings, Arbitration cases, Executions proceedings etc and complaints under Negotiable Instruments Act as well as Criminal cases and cases under Motor Accident Claim Tribunal. Matters involving Corporate and Commercial Law, I.P.R, International Commercial Arbitration, Oil and Gas, Telecom disputes related to services, billing and manufacturing defects, Real Estate, Power Sector, Consumer litigation, Electricity disputes, Land acquisition, general Civil disputes including property, family matters, etc are also being handled by him.

From 2005 to 2008, he worked as an Associate and Senior Advocate in Dutt Menon Dunmorsett, a firm engaged in both Corporate and Civil litigation. The company majorly represented various Multi National Corporate houses and represents various companies like I.M.F.A, I.C.C.L, Usha International Ltd, D.L.F Universal Ltd, I.R.E.D.A, Hindustan Levers, T.C.S, and International Liner Shipping Agency etc.

Advocate Jiwan was associated as a Senior Advocate in the Law Combine Advocates (Corporate Law Firm) from August 2010 till March 2014 where he was engaged in Corporate, International Commercial Arbitration and general civil litigation. He represented various MNC’s like Geopetrol, OJSC ‘Power Machines’, Power Machines India Limited, Aramco Overseas, Reinforced Earth India Pvt. Ltd., a 100% wholly subsidiary of Soletanche Freyssinet France of Vinci Group, Societe Generale, Technopromexport (TPE), one of the World’s best specializing in the work of setting up and/or refurbishment of Power Stations all over the world, Becton Dickinson, Nokia, NSN, ZF, Santa Fe Group, etc.

Advocate Jiwan enrolled with the Delhi Bar Council in 2001. He is a member of Delhi Bar Association & Dwarka Court Bar Association and Saket Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : D/154/2001
  • Delhi High Court
  • District Court, Dwarka
  • District Court, Faridabad
  • District Court, Gautambuddha Nagar
  • District Court, Ghaziabad
  • District Court, Gurgaon
  • District Court, Karkardooma
  • District Court, Patiala House
  • District Court, Rohini
  • District Court, Saket
  • District Court, Tis Hazari

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Delhi

Popular Reviews

Ashu Gupta - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
I was really impressed by him, he seems to be very experience lawyer advice given by him on my child custody case is really helpful, looking forward to consult him for my case
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Q: Size not as per the agreement what can i do.

Sir, I have a dispute with a builder (Army Welfare Housing Organisation). The builder has handed over the house on a plot size less than promised/paid. I wish to seek compensation for the same through arbitration. How can I ascertain the market value of the plot (per sqft)? Kindly help me.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh answered
Rates per square feet depends on the circle rate of the area where the property is located. So far as claiming compensation is concerned, the agreement and or other related documents need to be reviewed. But being a consumer, u can claim compensation before the consumer court

Q: Can I file complaint against jewellers for giving low quality ring

Dear Sir, I had purchase a engagement ring for my wife which was on 2nd dec2015. The ring was purchase on nov2015. The ring was breaked very next day of my engagement. Now they are asking me for repair by adding more gold in it that means they had given me the poor quality of ring. Because of this thing i got harresed in my in laws home and my prestige in my in laws home got down. This thing is very frustrating. what should i do. Should i file a case or not? If yes then what is the prosidure.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh answered
You can file a consumer complaint against the jeweller alleging deficiency of services. In that you can mention everything in detail and the court will take cognizance for sure. The same is to be filed within a period of 2 years, not after that else the same would be time barred.

Q: How can i get Divorce from my husband?

I want divorce from my husband. we do not spend time with each other. we had a love marriage. we dont spend time as we used to spend earlier? I dont want to stay with him. how can i get Divorce?

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh answered
In case both of u have the same opinion, u can file a mutual consent divorce petition but prior to that one year separation is mandatory. Else, u can file a petition on. the basis of allegations etx. However in that case the same is time consuming. The best option would be to sit together and decide.

Q: Is a verbal confirmation a binding agreement?

we had a verbal confirmation with a person for building some property. we had stopped it due to some problem. there is no written agreement btw us. now i have received a Legal Notice from a lawyer. what can i do?

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh answered
Yes, an oral contract is valid and binding in law. However the same can only be proved through circumstantial evidence and the witnesses who were present during the said discussion. Therefore, in case there was no one and things cannot be proved, you are safe. Rest the Notice needs to be reviewed for better opinion.

Q: Wrong diagnosis by hospital due to which lost my newly born daughter.

I lost my newly born daughter after 15 days of birth due to Trisomony 18 which cannot cure. During 16 th week of pregnancy hospital test these and report negative for these disease. After birth, another hospital report is positive. I want to take action against first hospital where trisomony 18 report is negative. I already spent almost lakhs of rupees on my daughter treatment and pregnancy. Basically this is case of wrong treatment due to wrong diagnosis. If you can help me, I will be highly thankful for you for this.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh answered
Certainly I can help but for that I need to review the complete documentation, hospital reports, diagnostic reports, opinions, treatment procedure, discharge summary, doctors report etx. I mean to say that the complete history needs to be reviewed to provide an effective opinion and for that u wil have to share the said details etx.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Can Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh?

When you meet with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh?

The cost of hiring Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.