Husband wants to file for divorce without wife's consent

Under 13b I had applies for divorce, ourrriag was held by court marriage and arya samjh husband stepped backed and in-laws were also not happy with our marrigae. 2 mediations are over. I don't want to leave him easily.. please suggest

Answers (3)

304 votes

under this, you will have to file a contest divorce petition. Stating all the reasons and contention that why you need divorces. Reason can be not meeting of mental temperaments, nature etc. or she has some extra martial affaire etc and else can be discussed further.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

58 votes

hello client hru.
i have read ur query,according to ur query u got married with your husband by court marriage as well as by arya samajh vidhi in this matrimonial relationship nor your husband along with ur inlaws are cooperating with you in ur mattrimonial home due to which u have applied for divorce .you should have filled instead of divorce case thanks.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
239 votes

If divorce by mutual consent has failed , then the regular contested divorce (U/S 13) is the option for you. Apart from that there are many other legal platforms for redressal of your marriage related problems, for eg, if you have been a victim of marital abuse, then in addition to divorce you may also file a domestic violence case against your husband and if your in-laws were also equally guilty then you can have a case filed against them as well. These are few options amongst many others like seeking maintenance, alimony , custody (in case of children) etc. For any further query you may contact me.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles