Husband threatened for divorce, what can the wife do

Hindu family': My sister Married just 1 year ago, she talks and message with a guy, those messages are caught by her in laws. My sister says that messages are deleted by her, but some how they (specially father inlaw) recovered from service providers. Now on the basis of those messages they want to prove her character less and threatened her for divorce and her defame our family in society. I want to ask u on the basis of those messages can court gives divorce and what should my sister stand in this case.

Answers (1)

Take divorce by mutual consent it will be best for both families. Because this is not America so having been sent such messages after marriage tantamounts to breach of trust between both individuals and no relation being so sensitive can stand with these things in mind. It will be better to end such relation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Sir, Please help me out from a problem that I had married in 2010 with Special marriage act and later on did Hindu marriage rituals and in 2013 I got …

Read More

I have been married now for 5 years and have a 7 month baby .our marriage was inter religious and hence covered under special marriage act. I want a d…

Read More

Greetings, My husband and me are going through annulment now. And I have a question regarding removing his name from my passport Is annulment decree i…

Read More

Girl Hindu Boy Christian. After marriage a male boy born Now wants to seperate.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue