Husband parents forcing me to mutually separate

I am not allowed to stay with my husband and also I have denied to enter the home so what should I do? Religion Jain

Answers (3)

212 votes


in this case you have to file an application under the provisions of domestic violence act for residential rights.

you can avail order of residence along with protection from police if someone interferes with the peaceful enjoyment of marital rights

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

263 votes

If you don't want divorce parents of your husband can't force you for divorce. You can file Petition for restitution of conjugal rights and can if your husband is also not willing to cohabit with you then you can file criminal application under Domestic Violence Act.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
253 votes

Dear queriest, as per your query you have mentioned about the fact that you are not allowed by your in-laws to enter the matrimonial house and also to stay away from. your husband, here you can file Domestic violence case against your in-laws and your husband if he also not supporting you.. for more information in detail kindly call me

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles