Husband not ready to come to India as wife want to file for divorce

My sisters husband is an NRI so he is not taking care of her nor financially nor emotionally and doesn’t have concern about daughter also so she wants to divorce him and live independently without his help and Does not want any financial help from him also but just wants divorce that’s it but he is not ready to come to India and stand before the court and he says he won’t come to India wat to do in this case

Answers (2)

Hello sir,
The legal remedy for your sister is to first go ahead with a legal notice calling upon him to continue the marriage or filing a mutual consent of divorce petition. At the time of filing he can give power of attorney to any one of his relatives. When the matter gets referred for reconciliation we can sort out issues of maintenance of the child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can ask your sister to apply for divorce based on the available grounds such as desertion or other grounds and try to serve the notice. If he does not appear, an exparte order will be passed and she would be able to get divorce decree.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Am a married 29yr old girl working abroad my husband n kerala.we lived together for 6 days .on the day i told him that i loved a man .but nobody compe…

Read More

Hi, I wanted to marry a person who is married but not living with his wife since last 5 years and there is no relation b/w them. She is not not ready …

Read More

Can my husband still file for a Divorce if I am not willing to separate from him ? I have been married for less than a year. Things don’t seem t…

Read More

What could a girl do to get divorce after 4 months of marriage from the guy if is not ready to give divorce.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue