Husband filed for RCR, i am not interested, what to do

My husband has filed for restitution but I don' t want to go because of physical, mental and emotional torture by him. Should I file divorce or file maintenance from him ?

Answers (4)

306 votes

you have legal right to file divorce as well as maintenance petition. at the same time you should contest RCR petition of your husband on the grounds you mentioned. although the facts provided by you are incomplete. to get proper advise you should provide complete details and discuss in person with a family lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

224 votes

Better to file maintenance instead of divorce petition though a complaint case under section 498A,and other sections with 3/4 D.P.Act and petition Under section 24 and section 25 Hindu Marriage Act may be filled.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
188 votes

Yes you can file case for divorce and maintenance and surely you will get relief from court. You may contact to me for any legal help and file a case against him and also deny for restitution. Thanks

193 votes

Mam it is not clear from your question that what type of torture was doing by your husband it is further advised if you want divorce on the basis of cruelty you have to proved cruelty before the court. You can also filed domestic violence case as well as permanant alimony.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles