Husband filed for divorce after the settlement of DV and maintenance

I was filed dv and maintenance case against my husband after 2 years we compromised and i withdraw my both cases. After this my husband and mother in law take back my children's for admission in school and l stay in my parents home due to my mother eye operation but after taking my kids from me my mother in law start abusing me on calls and said yaha aana mat Humara kam ho gaya bacche bhi mil gaye aur case bhi khatam ho gaye. Now my husband file divorce case . What can I do .

Answers (4)

First of all I would like to know what was the condition of compromise .there would be certain conditions of your compromise if your in laws aren't obeying/following that which they agreed upon in that case you may rise that issues before court from where your compromise have been done or the appellate court of that jurisdiction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can do whatever you want!

If you want custody of your children, you can file a petition for the same. But, you will get custody easily only on your children being under the age of five years. If children are older than five years of age, then who is better capable for the welfare of the children, and the will of the children, will also be taken into account in deciding to whom custody should be given among the parents.

If you want divorce, then don't defend the divorce case now filed by your husband. If you don't want divorce, then successfully defend the case now filed by your husband.

If you want maintenance from your husband, then file a petition for getting maintenance.

If you want to get your husband back, you can also file a case of restitution of conjugal rights.

But, before proceeding, think patiently about everything.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Give an application to your area Mahila Thana describing the details datewise/incidents wise as you mentioned in your question. If your husband has filed divorce case, then after receiving summon of the court you have to reply with whatever in previous you have faced.For taking their custody of children you may file a petition under guardian act You had better get a consultation from a Lawrato Advocate in your city.

For an accurate remedy to your issue, I would request you to kindly elaborate the points of compromise deed which would have taken place at the time of compromise in the previous suit.
Also, I would like to know whether you are a working woman or not and the age of your child.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

how can I file for maintenance from my husband and what amount can I ask from my husband if he is earning good…

Read More

I was married at 13 yrs age,husband was 17 yrs . Now he is 23 ,I 19 yrs. We never lived together.CWC had taken bond from parents not to send before 18…

Read More

Hii I am mrs Sumit Bala I get married on 1/4/2016 since my marriage my husband family initially torcher me for Dowery from this torcher I get suffer f…

Read More

Sister's husband does not want to divorce her. But sister want divorce him. Will we be entitled to maintenance from him? We have no proof of gifts…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue