×

Husband filed for divorce after the settlement of DV and maintenance

I was filed dv and maintenance case against my husband after 2 years we compromised and i withdraw my both cases. After this my husband and mother in law take back my children's for admission in school and l stay in my parents home due to my mother eye operation but after taking my kids from me my mother in law start abusing me on calls and said yaha aana mat Humara kam ho gaya bacche bhi mil gaye aur case bhi khatam ho gaye. Now my husband file divorce case . What can I do .

First of all I would like to know what was the condition of compromise .there would be certain conditions of your compromise if your in laws aren't obeying/following that which they agreed upon in that case you may rise that issues before court from where your compromise have been done or the appellate court of that jurisdiction.

You can do whatever you want!

If you want custody of your children, you can file a petition for the same. But, you will get custody easily only on your children being under the age of five years. If children are older than five years of age, then who is better capable for the welfare of the children, and the will of the children, will also be taken into account in deciding to whom custody should be given among the parents.

If you want divorce, then don't defend the divorce case now filed by your husband. If you don't want divorce, then successfully defend the case now filed by your husband.

If you want maintenance from your husband, then file a petition for getting maintenance.

If you want to get your husband back, you can also file a case of restitution of conjugal rights.

But, before proceeding, think patiently about everything.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Give an application to your area Mahila Thana describing the details datewise/incidents wise as you mentioned in your question. If your husband has filed divorce case, then after receiving summon of the court you have to reply with whatever in previous you have faced.For taking their custody of children you may file a petition under guardian act You had better get a consultation from a Lawrato Advocate in your city.

For an accurate remedy to your issue, I would request you to kindly elaborate the points of compromise deed which would have taken place at the time of compromise in the previous suit.
Also, I would like to know whether you are a working woman or not and the age of your child.