Husband be present for 1st court hearing of divorce case filed by wife

Actually my wife has filed a divorce case,and court has fixed a date on 2nd April for the first hearing, so my question is do I have to b in court on that day,as I am in Mumbai for my work. And I am not getting time to go to court please advice. thank you

Hello,

Yes, you have to be present in the court or if you cannot make it then your lawyer has to be present in court to request for another date. Kindly make sure that you are present in front of the magistrate on the given date.

Regards

Get a lawyer to file a petition on your behalf outlining your difficulty or get the said petition submitted by some near relative / family member. But you may be asked to appear on a next short date fixed by the Court, so also mention when you will be available in town.

If you have received the summons issued to you by the Ld. Court, you have to appear in the Court in person and file your written statement through your lawyer .. If you are unable to appear, in that event you have to file a petition through your lawyer praying for grant an adjournment for filling the WS.. Hope this suggestion will help you.. Thanks..

Dear sir u can swear an affidavit as to why u canot appear on the day in mumbai before any Notary mentioning ur not availability and appointing legal person to tk step fixing another date for that..ur legal adviser will tk step if send mail to him or her to tk step in your case