husband applied for divorce and forcing me to sign divorce u/s13(1) ia

My husband applied for divorce u/s 13(1) ia for cruelty etc stating fake reasons, three years before and now he is ready for settlement and divorce. But he and his lawyer are forcing me to sign for divorce u/s 13(1) ia itself. But since both parties are willing to go for divorce, we are asking them to file for mutual u/s 13(b). But he is insisting to apply for mutual u/s 13(1)ia. What is the advantage of him getting divorce under 13(1) ia. The case is still uncontested. Should I agree to them? What will be the implications to me if it is u/s 13(1)ia? Please elaborate

Answers (3)

325 votes

in This situation he want get by way filing case 13(1)ia is very simple he need save six months cooling period if both file case against mutually then 6months wating period will be there any way you have to speak regarding

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

225 votes

No issues , if you both settled in the disputes and ready for the divorce through mediation you both can get divorce under 13(1)I itself and court will confer it as mutually agreed divorce and draw the decree.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
266 votes

I strongly advice you to go for mutual consent because if you get divorce under 13(1) ia then it will amount that you treated your husband with cruelty and the allegations will be there against you on record which may create problems in your future life if you intend to marry etc, it can be settled in mediation by demanding your permanent alimony and withdrawing allegations made against you, but it is better to go for mutual consent instead.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles