How to withdraw case in case Husband not appearing in the court

Hi I (hindu religion)had filed a case of dv and divorce against my in-laws n husband but my husband didn't attended any of the hearing till now and in-laws stated that they are not in touch with him as we had started living seperately from them bt in touch with them and they have stated that they hd already disowned him so they hv nothing to do with the husband is not ready give divorce and wanted me to be back again. Now it's been an year as i filed my case in sep 2016 but everything is the same now even I don't want to get into this and willing to widraw my case n to give it a fresh start.pls advice how can I widraw my case.

Answers (3)

347 votes

In your case as you stated that you have filed the case in last year and now you want to withdraw your case, than
Yes you can withdraw your case simple to tell the Magistrate, and after the same you can start your life again with your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

115 votes

Dear sir, you will get full legal help and support from me ,for this you need to kindly contact me for successful resolution of this query.With my crystal clear approach you will get to know about the appropriate legal remedy at your disposal.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
192 votes

If you want to withdraw your petition you just need to say before the court that you want to withdraw the current matter with all the reasons. Court will record your statement and give you the liberty to file petitiom again if required.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles