How to take divorce from wife as she always quarrels with parents

My wife keeps complaining about me and my parents. There is a big fight every 1-2 months and she blames me if I talk to any lady. There is no trust from her side. I work in a company where by default there are working ladies. I can not go out on office parties or trips as she threatens every time such events get organised.It’s like all our fault. I was hit by a running car last year resulting in knee surgery and metal grafting. Hence sexual life is obstructed for time being. My wife has gone to her parents house after fights with my father mother and me.we lived in Gujarat for last couple of years and have recently shifted to Kolkata.i had to silently tolerate all her abuses /mistrust in Gujarat .What should be my way ahead. Neither me nor my family is interested of carrying on with her. We have no children and married for 2.5 years. I am fed up with her. She is a housewife. She does not care a bit about my parents. She always speaks good about her paternal family and relations.

Answers (3)

329 votes

Well, since you and your family have already decided that you won't go on the relationship with her, think about giving her a divorce. If she is agreeable to give you divorce, definitely go for mutual consent divorce which is much lesser expensive and time consuming, else you go for filing a divorce on the ground of cruelty and desertion. However, if you see that there is likelihood of her filing any criminal case of under section 498A against you, let me know, I will suggest you to have precautions available against that. Talk to her, get an idea what does she want and then take steps. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

227 votes

you can take divorce from ur wife on cruelty base and u can also show the reason that ur wife has not interested on you. and she many time use to live at her paternal house.

u can file 13 of hm act.
for better suggestion u can contact me..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
84 votes

At first file a case for restitution of conjugal rights and if the judgement goes to in your favour then you can file a divorce petition before the court ,if you don't want to live with her. But without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles