How to proceed with divorce if wife not coming to court (muslim law)

I am Muslim.i have taken open talak in Nov 17.through process of advocate.i have paid 13 lakhs rupees maintenance money to her.we had taken open talak with both party advocate and 4 ,4 problem is arriving that I was serving in Indian army.and the document I produced in office is rejected becoz they wanted court order which I can't I M trying for court order through document of open talak I had taken.does I apply for court order through my open talak documents????I ask my ex wife that I M applying for court order but my ex wife saying me that she will not come to court.then how could I apply for court order???pls suggest me

Answers (2)

You have to file /institute one Suit for Divorce agaibst your wife ...sent the summon from the court for her appearence and if she doesnot appear on tge proposed date...the case will be heard ex parte...u shall get the decree for divorce

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Please clarify me that your marriage is registered under Muslim personal Law or your marriage registered under Special Marriage Act1954 . And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

2.7 yrs ago my wife disputed with me & with my parents on trifling issue. In-spite of that I showed all interests to resolve that disputes but she…

Read More

Actually one of my Frnd gt married on 8 month back. After marriage Upto 1 one month she cooperated sex with him after one month she started to quarrel…

Read More

Wife was working at the time of divorce granted by family court. But later got dismissed from the service by the fraud committed by her. She did not r…

Read More

How much maintenance is given to the wife when husband is earning 416000 /month salary…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue