×

How to proceed with divorce if wife not coming to court (muslim law)

I am Muslim.i have taken open talak in Nov 17.through process of advocate.i have paid 13 lakhs rupees maintenance money to her.we had taken open talak with both party advocate and 4 ,4 witness.now problem is arriving that I was serving in Indian army.and the document I produced in office is rejected becoz they wanted court order which I can't have.now I M trying for court order through document of open talak I had taken.does I apply for court order through my open talak documents????I ask my ex wife that I M applying for court order but my ex wife saying me that she will not come to court.then how could I apply for court order???pls suggest me

You have to file /institute one Suit for Divorce agaibst your wife ...sent the summon from the court for her appearence and if she doesnot appear on tge proposed date...the case will be heard ex parte...u shall get the decree for divorce

Please clarify me that your marriage is registered under Muslim personal Law or your marriage registered under Special Marriage Act1954 . And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Advocate Preeti Joshi