How to file petition for an ex parte divorce decree

10-May-2023 (In Divorce Law)
Aftet one time settlement It is possible to file petition against ex partee divorce degree.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
695 votes
It is not clear what were the facts of your case reasons fir ex parte decree. At a perusal of the documents is required before reaching upon any conclusion, thereafter only can give you better advice.

Answer #2
501 votes
You can go to the court for setting aside the Ex-parte decree depending upon your ground and also the time frame from the knowledge of the passing of exparte divorce decree and also Appeal against the order/judgement with 60 days of its passing.
Answer #3
913 votes
If ex-partee divorce decree is passed in the family court, then there is only one resort to file an appeal before hon'ble high court to set aside the decree but u need to produce sufficient reasons which resulted in your absence in the subordinate family court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."