How to file a divorce in daily domestic violence case

I m from Kolkata and I am married last 4years I did love marriage with my husband but now his family member and my husband are tourching me and they are giving forcefully some medicine on pregnancy I need to come out from this hell ..and we didn’t do registry till now ...please help me what should I do and I can live my rest of my life.???please help me I m from Hindu religion and my husband also from Hindu religion and both r Indian

Answers (3)

347 votes

In my opinion you can lodge a FIR before the local police station and if you don't want to stay with your husband then you can file a petition for divorce under Hindu Marriage Act and then you can file a case under section 125 of the Cr. P. C for your maintenance. And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

327 votes

The situation appears to be very bad. Immediately consult an advocate and file divorce under grounds of cruelty. Also lodge complaints against your husband and in-laws for physical abuse under section 498A IPC which deals with domestic violence. You can also claim maintenance under section 125 CrPC and file cases under the provisions of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act. You have a whole life to live peacefully, just need a proper guidance from a prudent advocate.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
206 votes

If your husband is torturing you then file a police complaint before your Local police station in the name of your husband.After that file a contested divorce against your husband before the Ld.District Judge in the grounds of cruelty.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles