How to file a divorce if wife threatens the husband for false charges

11-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
sir my wife is non co-operative. she scares us saying she will put domestic violence case against my family. repeated meetings also have not got problem solved. what can be done to understand her. she was forcefully married by her parents to me without her interest. now what we have to do?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
753 votes
Sir, Under the Hindu Marriage Act, you can file a Sec 9 petition calling your wife to come and join you in the matrimonial home.
Knowing the response of your wife, you can file a petition for divorce and amicably settle the matter before the family court.
Answer #2
520 votes
Repeated threats to other spouse making false allegations amounts to cruelty. Next time if she threatens record the conversation.
Thereafter file a petition for divorce if you are Hindu and marriage taken place as per Hindu tradition under Section 13(1)(a) of Hindu marriage act.
Answer #3
504 votes
You can seek for divorce in the event of cruelty from wife. Threatening to file false cases, filing false cases against husband, doing such acts knowingly that they are false that could cause husband to lose his job all amount to cruelty.

You can file for divorce if you find the acts done by the wife amounts to cruelty.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."