How to apply for divorce if wife lives in abroad

20-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
Both are hindu, im NRI 43yrs old woman n deaf too, he reside in Rohtak with his parents. We legally married on aug17, but we r not living together as I went back to nz, after tht he is avoiding me to keep in touch n he owes me $85k n he applied for Canada pr n mention tht he is single. He since three yrs emotionally atyachar n blackmailing me n he did it. I want divorce n my money back n compensation. It’s very hard from me to live without his support n he nver ever support me. Plz help me to get divorce. Rest I will tell u in details. Thank you
Answers (3)

Answer #1
735 votes
Move petition for dissolution of marriage by decree of divorce in the court of district judge
File complaint against your spouse before the crime against women cell.

You have also remedy for domestic violence in the court of Manila court.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
735 votes
First thing is that where you are going to file for divorce. Secondly you want your money back, then you have to apply for fraud. So if you apply for divorce in foreign country, it will be very difficult to get your money back.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
788 votes
For taking divorce, there are two options : First if your husband is also ready to take divorce, then you both can file for mutual divorce. Secondly if he is not ready to give you divorce, then you can file a divorce petition in the court of law to take divorce from your husband.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."