How much maintenance will i have to pay to my wife after divorce

17-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
My wife side family forcing to me for divorce due to some personal reason ( She is unable to mingle with me and my family members) . If i agreed to take divorce how much total amount i need to pay for one time settlement and if not possible to pay total at a time how much i need to pay every month. And please tell me how much time it will to get divorce if i accepted. If i have not accepted for divorce what will happens. ------------------------------------------------- Her Qualification:- Degree Completed( BSE Computer science) Her Father:- Farmer ( Having own house to his father) -------------------------------------------------- My Qualification:- B.Tech (CSE) My Monthly Salary:- 18500 Rs To 20000 Rs I dont have any properties in my name but in my father name we have 2 Acres of paddy filed and own house. We do not have any children & we got married 2 years back.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
943 votes
All depends on the drafting and pleadings the court will decide and will come to conclusion as to how much the quantam of amounts as maintenance or permanent alimony. Divorce if you both are agreeing as per 13 B then the court will not decide as it is mutual divorce it is between both the parties out of court it is to be decided, court will give just give divorce if all the conditions are their as per procedure. Call us through the website for further assistance.

Answer #2
551 votes
It is not the case that all divorces will end up in husband paying alimony to the wife.
In your case, it appears that your wife is socially boycotting you and your family members and hence courts might not grant her alimony at all.
As per hindu marriages, marriages are sacred and marriage bonds people and their families for generations and it is the duty of both the spouses to respect and socialize with family members of spouses.
In your case, even if alimony is granted it might not be more than 3000 to 4000 per month.(assuming you do not have any children)

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."