How can we get family anticipatory bails of father Brother and self

In Matrimonial Hindu In 498A Case In custody Is it Bailable or non Baiable

Answers (4)

54 votes

It is a Non Bailable offence.
You will have to appoint an advocate who will file yours application in Sessions Court for Anticipatory Bail. If you fail in Order you may again approach to High Court.
No details in your information about your exact question. But appoint a learned advocate and try for ABA.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

158 votes

Kindly note it is an non-bailable offense.If police has registered an FIR under section 498A it has all the power to arrest hence it is necessary to obtain ABA before any arrest. Specially in criminal paper proper advice can be given only after the perusal of the papers.
Adv. Raghavendra Mehrotra

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
115 votes

Non bailable by police. Assuming that you are from Mumbai, you will have to file anticipatory bail application in the Sessions court. Except for the husband all other members of family are likely to get bail. There is no need for Husband to worry. Get expert legal help.

345 votes

498A of IPC is of non bailable offense but one can opt for anticipatory bail and the same can be granted depending on the complained filled that while considering anticipatory bail application it will be considered that no case has been prior registered before the complained had been filled

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

my brother's wife did complaint in women cell for 498A and she wants divorce settlement was made in court mediation centre full and final 2lacs in…

Read More

from Ludhiana. My wife living separately from me for more than 3 years. She lived with me for just 11 months after marriage. During these 11 months he…

Read More

Hi sir, my husband applied for quashing (498A) in high court by mean of Reunion with me and our baby. I cooperated with him. High court judge advised …

Read More

My case has been running for 1 year of section 9 of hindu marriage act. In court once she agreed to come back and stay with me but since then she is a…

Read More