How can mental cruelty be proved ?

Can you help me, how to prove the mental cruelty. My wife torture me daily verbally, she abuse me and my parents also, and sometime hands also. Is the written statement is enough ? I have no any matrimonial relationship with my wife for 9 years and since Jan 2017 to till now no any verbal or face to face communication.

Answers (3)

74 votes

These are matter of facts. Do you want to file Divorce against her or you already filed it since you said you have no matrimonial relation with her. And if you dont have any relation with her, it is also a ground for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

284 votes

hi, in court every elegation should be supported by the evidence, because its agreat burden on the opposit party to prove or disprove that the allegation is which has been imposed on him or her is entirely wrong and in the matrimonial cases basically both the parties put allegation on each other and judge pronounce the decree only based upon the evidence in this matter you are saying you both are separated since last one year in this situation first question is how she is abusing you verbally, if by telephone you can record her voice for the purpose of evidence, similarly if their is nothing to prove it would be considered just for the sake of saying there is no valid ground, and it won't be proved.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
122 votes

Have your wife filed divorce against you? Because you said written statement is sufficient or can write in your pleadings about the abusive and aggressive behavior of your wife narrating the major incidents of her being cruel to you and your family.also you have the ground of desertion for divorce as you are living apart from last 9 years which itself is a sufficient ground for obtaining divorce.
There are more things specially your income and wealth and liabilities that you have to be very careful if filing or facing a divorce matter...fir assistance pls contact lawyer Mitra

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir, In a divorce case , order come against divorce by family court. Plaintiff appealed in high court against order of family court after one year and…

Read More

my friend was having sexual relationship with a married women. Her husband has filed divorce case against her (section 13 HMA) six months back, which …

Read More

Hi sir/madam Family court settlement fixed for 8lakhs in that 5lakhs settled through DD remaining 3 lakhs need to pay july 2017 but now very diffilcul…

Read More

I'm been living a very depressing life since the time I've got married 2yrs back. Now, I'm 5 months pregnant and cannot handle this stress…

Read More