have child out of wedlock. query about marriage

I am hindu woman. I am never married. I have a 5 years boy child born out of wedlock. However, in my child's birth certificate his name is there as father's name. He deserted me after I got pregnant. It has been 6 years but no word from him. He has no family members. No one knows about him. Now I want to get married to already divorced person with proper divorce decree. Do I need take any divorce before marrying him? My future husband wants to adopt my son and make him legal heir. can I register his name as father's name for my son?

Answers (3)

290 votes

you need to get mutually diviorce him better otherwise you can change name of children and birth certificates better and entire certificate you need to change all birth certificates and adhara card better

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

78 votes

no need u must file a divorce case against him and can file the case against him and can be getting maintainnc by him were does he stay and u can file the case against him for the divorce and maintain the court and order it online and

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
166 votes

absolutely you have to take divorce , file a case on the ground of desertion , after getting divorce decree you can marry again , if you marry without divorce u might face problem if your earlier husband back again .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles