Guidance for Divorce process and maintenance

Hello, this question is for my sister. She is married for 18+ yrs and has a daughter (18) and a son(9). Her husband has never been able to support family financially as he keeps on do petty business. Condition worsended so much that he no longer could pay for food in house, leave alone kids school fees or other expenses to support life. He also does not allow my sister to start any job stating that she needs to take care of family. They live in her father in law' apartment. Though her father and mother in law stay at another apartment and said that they are least bothered about his sons marriage issues. My sister wants to part ways now as she wants her kids to have better options. We seek guidance on how we should go about divorce and seek maintenance or alimony to support her and her kids to survive.

Answers (3)

161 votes

you can file your case in family court under section 125 CRPC fordham maintenance of your sister and children you can also file case against your jijaji for for domestic violence India Police Station

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

328 votes

Get all your papers and I can help you file a maintenance case before the family court and get maintenance for the children and your sister right away.

At present the family court permits the filing of such applications by video conferencing on experimental basis so if you desire we can proceed right away.

Visit me with all the necessary documents

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
266 votes

for maintenance file application in family court and than file divorce potion in family court after filing divorce court decide permanent alimony otherwise monthly most important think is court diced for more enquiry contact me

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles