Family forcing to be in marriage

Me & my husband decided for a mutual consent divorce but now my husband denied in front of my family saying that he dont want divorce he will behave good with me now. Me & my husband dont have any emotional attachment between us. since last 5yrs we are married & we were just living with each other without any attachment between us. how to convince my family & make them understand this marriage is not working. my family is blaming me for what is happening & now they are forcing me not to take divorce. I see no happiness & attachment in this relationship. Please guide.

Answers (2)

338 votes

five years already spend for your marriage.. now both of you are unhappy in matrimonial life then by mutual consent you and your husband will file divorce petition if he is denied such then you will file petition under section 13 of Hindu marriage act on the ground of cruelty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

237 votes

If you are really not satisfied with relationship then you can move for divorce by contesting the same. But if you want to go with mutual consent then you have to convince him as without his consent you can't go further. Better you should issue notice him.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles