Erasing of adultery evidences in case parties agree for mutual Divorce

I have filled divorce case against my wife on adultery around. Now they are agree for mutual divorce. I have her some adultery recordings. Now, they are asking me to write on a paper that I have deleted all her recordings and will not misuse of it. If I do that I will be responsible for defamation. is this line safe for me Or what I can write? In absence of said declaration they will not give me divorce. please reply

Answers (5)

349 votes

Gd morning dear,
As per your question and contents therein i would like to say you that your wife just wants to secure herself against her evils done as adultery thats why she wants you to write that you will not misuse it against her moreover it can be possible that she can get you trapped in legal case also because we cannot say what is going in her mind also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

176 votes

If you are saying that you have her adultery recordings then there is nothing wrong in writing that you have deleted it nd will not misuse it unless you want to do that in future and neither she can file any defamation case against you on that ground as its her wrong doing which you have recorded. If she is ready for mutual divorce then simply tell her to give a joint statement in court and you sld write that you wld delete all such recordings and will not misuse it in future nd ask her to write that she will also not take any other action in future on this ground.if she is ready to give her statement in court then both of you are safe and nobody can take advantage of others statement. But yes don't write anything on plain paper.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
167 votes

Hello client
I have read ur query as per which I have gone through ur problem it's not at all simple thing as I have seen ur issue that ur wife is trying to black male u to get rid of form the punishment due to ur evidence and recordings. You need to contact a lawyer.

184 votes

Definitely after getting mutual divorce you should not use that recordings against her. You should draft a deed

containing terms and conditions of divorce. you should write that you will not miuse recrdings and will destoy the same on or at the time of second motion or getting decree of divorce. You should not write that you will be responsible for defamation. You just say I will not misuse and I have destroyed the same. If any other person also has the same, he may miuse the same and you will be responsible. Avoid taking responsibility. You can undertake only with respect you

69 votes

if you intend not to use the contents its ok to write that you have given all originals to your wife and you do not intend to use any of the said objectionable material and have not kept a copy of the same, however in case any such material comes up it should be solely the responsibility of your wife and not you as your have given all of it to her

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles