Domestic violence by wife in love marriage

DEAR SIR, i am a men and citizen of a democratic india and belongs to a punjabi family stuck in some problem of love marriage due to which i fade up and not want to stay any more with my i am elaborating my story. i had married to a girl who is 6 years older than me in 2011,since after marriage my parents are not accepting marriage and from that day my parents as well as my siblings never talks to me and my wife who belongs to the rajput family and a financially strong family had never listen me after my parents also evicted me from their property and family.and last year in september 2016,they also threw out from the house. and now i leaving in a rented flat near my house , the problem is she doubts on me everytime because of her posessive nature and called my office colleages or where ever she want ,even to a girl also ,use abusive language to talk to me and even threats me to stuck me in a legal case of domestic voilence, she also complaints so many times

Answers (3)

183 votes

The violence against husband by wife may constitute crime but not recognized by the Domestic Violence Act. You can take recourse of the Indian Penal Code. Your father has every right and title in the property if it is self acquired by him. You can't even claim right to stay during his lifetime. It advisable to contact a lawyer of your choice and get solution of your problem .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

73 votes

You can file a case for Divorce under section 13b of Hindu Marriage Act. If she is ready for a mutual consent then also and if she is not ready for divorce then also you can file for divorce and you will have to contest the same.
Various grounds are there for divorce on which a case for the same can be contested.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
316 votes

Sir I have understood your problem properly.
I would like to know what is that no e you want ?
You want your wife to come back to you or you want to separate from your wife.
Please have a word with me to discuss your matter
All the best

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles